. . . or How to Save a Cake Disaster
So I was making carrot cake and decided to do it jellyroll style. Unfortunately, the batter was too delicate. It cracked and nearly fell apart. I was devastated with the results. And this is how I went from disaster to showstopper in three easy steps.
1. Crumble the cake with the frosting, add 8oz of room temperature cream cheese. Yes, I know it feels so wrong but it should be mush like Thanksgiving stuffing.
2. Roll into meatball sized cake balls – chill for 20 minute.
3. Dip in melted chocolate, place on cooling rack or wax paper
Viola! Cakeballs are the new cupcake.
Additional thoughts on the matter . . .
– Carnival style deep fried cakeballs, oh yes please someone do it.
– Cake (sponge) and ice cream dipped in meringue then torched, Baked Alaska!